Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On behalf of Imagine Software, Ciklum is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full times basis.
We contributes to the adoption of the DevOps culture at Imagine Software. The role involves designing, developing, building, testing, deploying and monitoring large-scale solutions from development all the way to a production environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Believe in long term engineering solutions and recognizes in advance where engineering will pay off versus short cuts.
- Commit to exceptional team work and be able to explain complex technical problems to various audiences.
- Take ownership of assigned task and go the extra mile to solve problems.
- Have a passion for technology and automation, deep sense of curiosity and willingness to always question.
- Programming ability is required. Advanced Python and shell scripting are required.
- Experience using Git, Ansible, yum/RPM, Docker, and Kubernetes/Swarm.
- Experience with engineering Linux environments, including developing software on Linux, systems automation & engineering on Linux, and debugging Linux applications and performance problems.
- Understanding the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Unix, and DevOps philosophies and knowing the difference between SLO, SLI, SLA, and SRE vs. DevOps.
- Good understanding of web services (REST, Web API) and applications (tomcat).
- Knowledge of Elastic stack and/or Prometheus.
- Ability to read, code, and debug other high or low-level languages.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL (MongoDB).
What's in it for you
- A challenging working environment, great responsibility and complete development cycles (with thorough code reviews and dedicated QA support).
- You’ll join a team of self-driven skilled engineers where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded, where high standards translate into your professional growth and advancement.
- In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, fully paid trips to New York City main office, and other rewards.
Client video presentation