JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat Ciklum is looking for a Senior Operations Engineer for our team in Kiev on full-time basis.
The Site Reliability Team are responsible for the primary operation & availability of JUST EATs platforms and services around the world. The team are responsible for identifying and resolving issues in production (ideally before they become visible to customers) and working with the wider engineering community to ensure we chase down and mitigate areas of risk.
You’ll be working as part of the wider Reliability Engineering department to help define and shape the future of our global platform and services. You’ll operate global AWS Platforms at scale, we’ll provide the training and support to help you do that.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll provide support to the team in a number of ways. For the majority of the time you’ll support the team by:
- Delivering against the Reliability Engineering roadmap
- Troubleshooting, reproducing and mitigating issues in our production environments
- Defining and owning engineering projects and then seeing them through to completion
- Providing technical guidance, Mentoring & coaching other team members
- Technical and Management Escalation point for Service Operations Centre (SOC) engineers.
Once a month you’ll support the team by coordinating them during our peak periods of Thursday, Friday, Saturday evening, and be available on-call for the rest of the week.
- Evidence of strong troubleshooting, problem solving and investigative skills
- Experience of AWS or Other cloud providers
- Experience of observability tools such as the ELK stack, Graphite, AppDynamics
- Major incident management experience operating production platforms at scale
- Experience Automating operational tasks / Processes using other languages.
- Understanding of Relational and/or NoSQL data structures
- Mentoring/influencing peers
- Identifying improvements, highlighting risks vs benefits, and translating them into technical requirements
- Worked with C# .net, node or Powershell
- Experience working with Serverless / Containers
- Operated a ecommerce production Windows Environment
- Experience Chaos Engineering / Failure Injection Testing
- Experience of working in an Agile Environment
- Experience working in similar site reliability role
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out.
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation