Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
On behalf of Unity3d, Ciklum is looking for Software Developer (Quality) to join Odessa team on full-time basis.
We’re looking for new talent to join our team to help teach us how to continuously build quality into our software development. We want to spread Unity into the hands of our customers faster and at higher quality. We see QA as not just quality assurance, but quality assistance too. Here at Unity, everyone is focused on the quality of their work. Having people who can impact through their work is what makes the difference.
As a Software Developer for Quality, in our Core R&D team, you will create, establish and own testing strategies across multiple teams. Teams that are focused on building new features and improving on the core foundation of Unity.
This is a meaningful role, where your quality assurance experience combined with the technical background, project management and software development knowledge enable you to be part of any technical team to design sustainable quality strategies and solutions. Your ability to deftly switch between testing strategy, execution, metrics, and analysis, will help you support the development and production of Unity core with the right quality-focused goals.
- Establish sustainable, living testing strategies for accelerating the achievement of releasable quality to our customers;
- Communicate risks, bugs, and coverage confidence to teams;
- Develop solutions and decisions holistically, turning them into opportunities and accomplishments;
- Partner with team members across all of R&D to improve how people test their work and collect data for decision-making;
- Establish and provide a quality hand over and readiness process in partnership with our Release QA and other internal customer focused teams.
Expert and up to date in C++/C#
- You are comfortable driving positive outcomes to problems, as well as coaching teams and people about not passing poor quality onto the next person or process
- You have knowledge of testing methodologies, such as Unit testing, regression testing, configuration and compatibility testing, performance testing, customer experience and test-driven development
- You love working in an agile environment, one where things move fast and new initiatives and priorities appear and shift constantly
- You lead by example and demonstrate through action that requires excellent communication abilities, changing the hearts and minds of the people around you
- You have an amazing eye for detail, where you use your experience, learning, and analytical skills to recognize defects and customer experience that others may not see
- Familiarity with Perl/ Python;
- Game development experience with Unity;
- Data visualization;
- Agile development.
- Strong team player rather than individual developer;
- Passionate about software development;
- Eager to learn new things constantly;
- Ready to work in ‘continuous improvement’ mode;
- Must be able to garner respect from his/her team .
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Friendly team;
- People oriented leadership;
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing company and work with cutting edge of technology;
- Interesting challenging tasks;
- Frequent business trips abroad;
- Hack weeks and offsites ! (https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/06/07/after-the-perfect-storm-unity-hack-week-xii/)