Software Development Engineer in Test for Swisscom (Wroclaw)
Swisscom is the market leader in driving the digitization of Switzerland’s business. It offers all-embracing ICT solutions from mobile communications, fixed networks, Internet and digital TV to corporate and residential customers. Swisscom is also one of Switzerland’s largest providers of IT services. It builds and maintains infrastructure for mobile and fixed-line telephony, transmits broadcasting signals and is active in the energy and healthcare sectors.
On behalf of Swisscom, Ciklum is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team in Wroclaw/Poland on a full-time basis.
It’s an exciting and unique opportunity to become an active part in digitizing our world and join the client’s testing team at a Switzerland’s leading telecommunication company.
- Coding and executing automated test scripts to validate functional, system, performance, and integration requirements;
- Increasing regression test suite every day;
- Analyzing failed test cases to make sure that the failure is due to a change in the business logic or functionality, not in the script;
- Keeping the automation framework up-to-date and future-proof by proposing potential improvements;
- Serving the client with professional competence and advising on technical matters, taking the lead in scripting test cases according to development guidelines.
- University/ Higher degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or related field;
- Fluent conversational English;
- Intermediate knowledge of German language enabling to read test cases in German as a minimal requirement;
- Good communication skills towards both technical and business-oriented staff.
- At least 1 year of practical experience with test automation frameworks, preferably on various levels (unit, service/integration/UI), such as nUnit, RestAssured, Frisby, Selenium and the HP tool suite;
- Programming skills (preferred Java, C#, Python);
- Knowledge of software development life cycle;
- Practical understanding of software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, XP, Kanban, Waterfall);
- Familiarity with software design principles and terms like REST, Micro-Services etc.
- Experience with SQL queries;
- Experience with HP Loadrunner;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- Working well autonomously and without close supervision;
- Readiness to take responsibility and prioritize tasks, as well as to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly;
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward colleagues, consultants as well as project leaders;
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results;
- Knowledge seeking, updated with regards to latest software development trends and technological directions in general;
- Willing to work on international/cross-cultural projects.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you take an active part in progressing digitization
- Work with the best experts and the latest technology in a friendly atmosphere
- Business trips to Switzerland
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to work in world-known, successful and highly innovative company
- Immensely interesting work that keeps you up to date with the newest trends and technologies in SAP development and even gives you a possibility to create new products
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions