On behalf of NOW: Pension, Ciklum is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis.
The mission of NOW: Pension is to build trust in an uncertain world by fighting for a robust financial system and a fair pension system that benefit everyone. They aim to achieve this by providing security and helping people achieve better, more secure financial outcomes in a realistic and responsible way.
At NOW: Pensions they pride their selves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
They always put their customers at the heart of everything they do and make it their priority to ensure that their customers get the most value for their money.
They want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that their proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
The Company’s values are summarised as follows:
- Accountability: They take ownership of, and are personally accountable for, all our actions. They embrace their mistakes and learn from them as part of their continuous improvement ethos.
- Honesty: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are true to their word and deliver on their promises.
- Innovation: They are passionate about progress and creating a better future. They encourage creative thinking and they are always looking for better ways to do things.
- Teamwork: They always bring solutions not problems and they foster a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Thoughtfulness: They are considerate and respectful of their colleagues. They put them selves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them.
As a Software Engineer, you will join their Engineering team, reporting directly into the Head of Applications.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as they are entering the next phase of their journey looking at how they continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
- Business and technical projects focusing on the design and delivery
- Carry out peer reviews
- Analyse the system requirements and break them into manageable units
- Work with DevOps to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is streamlined
- Work with the team to ensure that systems adhere to our quality assurance best practices and contribute to these best practices
- Work with the team to ensure that we follow a lean / agile process that continues to mature and adapt to changing business requirements
- Help ensure NOW: Pensions fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Pensions Regulator and the Financial Conduct Authority regulations
- Anticipating and solving problems – a key part of your role will be working closely with the business and understanding the business requirements. You will be expected to participate in finding solutions
- Communication skills – you’ll need to be adept at listening to, understanding and explaining concepts to both managerial and technical colleagues
- Dealing with pressure – software developers have responsibilities as part of a full complement team including change management and business SMEs. You will have to be able to deliver results in high-pressure circumstances
- Prioritisation and time management – business projects often have tight deadlines and missing them can have significant consequences for your organisation or client
- Comprehend detailed aspects of their business and that you can communicate these in a clear and straightforward manner. You will be working with people across the business to ensure that they deliver projects that add business value
- Relationship-building – it’s important to develop trust and understanding between the technical teams, change management and business units to ensure a project runs smoothly
- Work closely with change management team to ensure that non-functional requirements are implemented and understood as well as functional requirements
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the company values in service delivery and your employment. You must observe and comply with the Code of Conduct
- Take responsibility for Risk and Compliance in their day-to-day work. You will need to demonstrate adherence to external and internal risks and compliance, as well as ensuring regulatory and legal standards are met. You will actively follow all relevant procedures, mandatory training requirements and keeping appropriate records, reporting to Compliance any areas of concern
- Micro Services
- Service Security Protocols (OAuth2, SAML, Kerberos)
- Docker – container management
- Test Driven Development
- SOLID Principles
- 12 Factor Principles
- SQL Server (or similar RDBC)
- Java / Kotlin
- React, Angular or another framework
- Functional Programming
- Designing RESTful APIs (experience, process, system)
- Agile Development Practices
- Domain Driven Design
- Micro Frontends
- Master Data Management
- AWS S3
- AWS EC2
- Azure Blob Storage
- ETL / ELT / Data Engineering
- Shell scripting
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits