Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a Solution Architect to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Reporting into the Head of Enterprise Architecture the Solution Architect is responsible for delivery of the Ciklum IT roadmap project solution and technical architectures underpinning all IT applications, technology and infrastructure.
The Solution Architect is recognized as an ambassador for Ciklum with strong communication skills to preserve positive relationships. As Ciklum is embarking on a significant business transformation program over the coming years to deliver on its strategic priorities, an effective, high-quality enterprise, solution and technology architecture capability is essential to its strategic objectives, and the successful candidate for this role will contribute to this success.
The Solution Architect will contribute to the delivery of solution architectures on Roadmap Projects within the Ciklum IT Department.
- Responsibility for the design of enterprise-grade software solutions to support the Ciklum IT
- Project portfolio.
- Ensuring that the correct software integration patterns and practises are followed, and designed to high technical standards
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and selecting the most appropriate technologies, architectural styles and patterns needed to deliver a software solution
- Support project and programme management to understand, communicate and manage technical dependencies across platforms and projects
- Develop strong relationships with Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Engineers and other teams across the organisation in order to guarantee that solution designs map to the requirements of the business and are aligned to the strategic roadmap
- Work with external partners to ensure that their output adheres to Ciklum standards
- Ensure that any non-functional requirements, environmental or technology constraints are captured, considered and addressed as part of the solution design
- Contribute to the development of solutions adhering to Ciklum’s architecture governance process through the Architecture Review Board within the overall Ciklum IT governance framework.
- Documentation of technology and product standards, architecture frameworks, reference models and policies.
- Work closely with peers in IT Project Delivery, IT Service Operations and Information Security to ensure that projects are compliant to architecture requirements, are operationally sound and meet Ciklum security requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation and selection of technologies (products, hardware, software) for
- Ciklum IT and business requirements.
- Remain abreast of the latest technology trends, products, architecture approaches and frameworks
- Consider the impact of design decisions on a variety of quality attributes, as well as functional requirements, to ensure that non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance and resilience are met.
- Evangelizing the benefits of architecture and the Ciklum Technology Roadmap across the business
- Effectively communicate technical designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be familiar with the use of modelling languages and artefacts to convey designs and be comfortable translating them into a higher-level view, through selection of the appropriate medium for the given audience.
The Solution Architect should effectively manage project relationships with business teams, stakeholders, IT colleagues and suppliers. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining regular stakeholder contact through face-to-face and written communication
- Dealing with stakeholder queries professionally and expeditiously creating an environment where peers recognize positive service and respect for business stakeholders.
- Communicating complex technical concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders.
- The Solution Architect must have knowledge of most architecture domains with an ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in contributing to the design and implementation of systems powering an organisation of significant scale. This may have been as an Application Architect or a Solution Architect.
- A proven architectural and technical background; some experience of delivering both custom solutions and of integrating enterprise applications, and associated architectural patterns and styles.
- Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures including Microservices, Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures, REST etc.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders ranging from software engineers up to executive board members.
- A sense of urgency and the ability to work in a multi-tasking manner leveraging prioritization skills to cope with working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to rapid change.
- Ability to assess application packages, SaaS and bespoke solution options and establishing corresponding business cases through to decision.
- Experience of working with globally distributed cloud architectures would be a useful addition
- You must be effective and comfortable in fluid situations and able to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrate influencing, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the creation of the architecture models, views and deliverables required to support solution project delivery.
- Proven ability to contribute towards the development, implementation and of Solutions Architectures for complex projects, to meet functional and non-functional requirements, ideally using a best practice framework using enterprise tools.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- A ‘cloud first’ view: a track record in definition and delivery of architectures exploiting cloud technologies: Iaas, Paas and SaaS
- TOGAF Certification highly desired.
- Knowledge of UML, BPMN 2.0, Archimate 3.0 modelling desired
- Degree level education, a postgraduate qualification is also desired.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ukrainian or Russian as well as English.
- Well-developed communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and ability to influence outcomes, with a demonstrated ability to resolve disagreements and issues, including potential architectural non-compliance.
- Demonstrated capability to work in an unstructured and high-pressure environment.
- Positive attitude, can-do mindset, high energy and a self-starter.
- A background in a professional services or consulting organization would be a significant benefit, including knowledge of key professional services concepts as well as the organizational, business and technical challenges that they face.
- A high degree of accountability and a track record of delivering on commitments.
- Credible at Project Working Group level with well-developed influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- This role is based in Kyiv, other travel may be required.
What's in it for you
- Possibility to work in an international and successful company.
- Competitive salary.
- Career and professional growth.
- Unique working environment with variety of knowledge sharing opportunities.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere that creates good working conditions.
Client video presentation