Ciklum is looking for an Solutioning Director – Strategic Deals Pursuit Lead to join the team on a full-time basis.
Since 2002, Ciklum have engineered technology that redefines industries and shapes the way we live. We specialise in helping our clients design and build digital products, platforms and data architectures; seamlessly integrating into existing infrastructure. We’re more than just engineers – we navigate complex programmes, build and manage product focused squads and deliver successful outcomes with our differentiated approach.
With revenues in excess of $250M and more than 30% year-on-year growth, Ciklum has over 4,500 highly skilled engineers based in delivery centres located across the UK, US, Ukraine, Spain, Poland and Belarus. We also have local consulting, technology and delivery capabilities in our offices across Europe, Asia and the US.
Ciklum is recruiting for a Strategic Deals Pursuit Lead who is an expert in leading pursuit strategy and curating powerful, compelling and differentiated bid and proposal responses tailored to the needs of our prospective clients. The appointment will focus upon shaping the approach to our strategic deals, (circa 2-3 per month) spanning the Consumer, Entertainment, Fintech/BFSI and software/services markets; challenging the teams they work with as they expertly lead opportunities end to end throughout the pursuit cycle as required.
You will lead by example, acting as the conscience of the client, defining the pursuit strategy and timelines, leading client engagement and providing expert challenge and insight as you lead the team to curate win themes, drive storyboarding sessions (pin to value, tell the right story, bring the solution to life etc) and create effective, punchy and visually engaging proposal material. You will focus on the early stages of the sales cycle getting bid teams ready and preparing them to deliver workshops, client meetings and proposal material against an agreed approach and timeline. You will be supported by a team of bid managers that look after the structure and deadlines leaving you to focus on advising around the strategy and solution.
- Model pursuit best practice in everything you do, bringing energy, impact and strategic advice
- Provide coaching and leadership of client conversations, presentations and negotiations
- Define pursuit strategy, timelines and build winning teams (SME mix) for strategic deals
- Lead proposal kick-off, storyboard and win themes sessions and provide independent review and challenge of win themes, proposals and other bid materials
- Manage and contribute towards the client proposal – both in terms of content and presentation orals and any other client submission
- Manage internal messaging for strategic deals with the sales leadership team
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation, QA review and final sign off for all materials before issue
- Carry out internal pitch de-briefs and conduct post discussion reviews with the client
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Train, inspire and upskill the practice so as to better equip it to win future deals
- Be an active member of the Bids and Proposals capability and the wider Sales & Marketing function.
- Identification and definition of delivery or solution risks in line with client interaction
- Minimum of 8 years in similar pursuit/proposals lead role with an expert understanding of sales best practice and a client focused outlook
- Possess significant experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery and able to demonstrate the ability to input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design
- Excellent influencing, communication and facilitation skills
- Excellence in “strategic storytelling
- Commercially and Risk aware
- Must be comfortable working at C suite level (internally and externally). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace
- Confident, challenging, high energy, resilient, tenacious, and experienced
- Ambitious, highly motivated and results driven but also collaborative in nature
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence both internally and externally
- Can work autonomously, without close supervision, and mature enough to take responsibility
- Acts as a team player with highly developed communication skills
What's in it for you
- Working in a collegiate, creative and dynamic team environment
- Build your career in a proven successful high growth company with unique service offering on the market
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Highly competitive remuneration and benefits package