WorldTicket A/S is a leading fast growing software and service provider of sales, reservation and inventory system for regional and mid-sized international airlines. The WorldTicket headquarter is located in Copenhagen Denmark, with offices for development, Quality Assurance and Customer Service in Kiev, Bangkok and Warsaw.
Important components of their production, staging and test environments are Ubuntu Linux, Java JDK, MySQL, NgingX, Postfix, Puppet, OpenNMS, VPN, Docker, Mesos/Marathon.
They offer interesting, challenging and well-paid job in international solid team and constant improvement of skills.
On behalf of WorldTicket, Ciklum is looking for a System Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Support of remote distributed production infrastructure both bare metal and virtual servers (IBM Cloud);
- Support of build environment and internal ecosystems;
- Maintenance, monitoring , upgrade, deployment, database administration, Docker containers administration;
- Full control of local test infrastructure;
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment;
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages;
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources;
- Strong Linux/Unix background
- Networking concepts: Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN, NAT
- Good debugging skills for networking, system and application problems across OSI Layer 2 to 7 for various TCP/IP protocols
- MySQL administration experience
- Experience administrating Java applications like Tomcat
- Experience with Git and/or Mercurial
- Experience administrating Docker containers
- Experience administrating Mesos or Kubernetes
- Experience running infrastructure within Amazon, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud, etc.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles, experience with Jenkins
- Bash scripting
- Automation experience with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible (Puppet preferable)
- Experience in acting as a part of development team and knowledge of basics of development processes;
- Understanding of Java Virtual Machine.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good communication skills and English (reading/writing/spoken) are required
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary, based on skills & experience
- Career and professional growth
- Paid English courses
- Friendly team
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions