The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
As a Team Lead you will be part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large-scale single-page web application that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
You will lead a scrum team working on a part of thomascook.com platform along with several other teams.
- To champion agile values and to drive the teams for continual improvement
- To play role of senior peer to engineers in the team, to help them meet professional challenges, advice on best approaches, do 1:2:1 sessions, facilitate knowledge sharing across the team.
- Responsible for code quality and technical competence.
- Providing mentorship to other developers in agile team.
- Ensure team builds high quality product.
- Introduce best engineering practices.
- Share knowledge with other developers (and beyond), help advance Thomas Cook technical culture through presentations and other social initiatives.
- Documents the low-level design of the developed solution from a maintainability and supportability perspective
- Good knowledge of scrum process
- Experience designing and building complex web applications (experience with patterns like Microservices, etc).
- Experience as a leader of development team with all roles in place – Developers, QAs, DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of AngularJS 1.x.
- Base knowledge of AngularJS 2.x/4.x.
- Experience with Node.js runtime and designing RESTful web services.
- Experience with build tools, code coverage and testing frameworks – Grunt, Webpack, Istanbul, Jasmine, etc.
- Good attitude to people management practices.
- Persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with ‘can do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive on solutions, positive approach for difficulties and imaginative problem solver.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client.
- Competitive salary.
- Career and professional growth.
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company.
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentationApply via site