On behalf of ORM, Ciklum is looking for a Technical Architect with experience of designing solutions implementing business transformation and integration projects. You are comfortable working with Developers, Architects, IT Managers, Analysts, and CIOs in Tier 1 and 2 clients within Travel, Retail, Asset Management etc.
USP about the vacancy
You will perform a critical role in the delivery of major ORM digital solutions – working as the technical authority across a number of projects and client engagements ensuring teams deliver not only innovative solutions, but solutions of the highest quality. You will lead the way in technology best practices and standards, and will manage and mitigate the high-risk elements of projects.
You will have previously worked in a similar role and be familiar with enterprise integration patterns. You’ll be comfortable with API specifications and integration with REST, SOAP and RPC APIs.
As a Technical Architect you will be responsible for designing solutions and establishing business and technical requirements all the way through from brief to testing production releases and ongoing product optimisation. You will work closely with clients, suppliers, as well as ORM account and project management, UX, development and testing teams in order to ensure the solution delivers the agreed upon project requirements and meets client expectations.
About the Client
ORM are a rapidly growing, ambitious, award-winning agency – this is an excellent chance to be part of an agency who are independent, established and who have a vision. We build solutions for our clients using cutting edge cloud-based, micro-services and serverless.
You must be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions. You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others and ensure that proposed solutions are appropriate technically as well as commercially with operability as a core element of decision-making. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
- Running discovery processes, facilitating stakeholder interviews, client and end-user workshops to agree functional, technical and business requirements for new solutions
- Working with the client to agree and document detailed technical design
- Executing gap analyses for new solutions, initiatives and platforms
- Creating solution design document in client facing format
- Documenting As-is and To-be architecture, integration, systems context etc views
- Investigating and making decisions on service design including data specification, API design
- Modelling and testing of systems and services during Definition phases of projects
- Pre-sales activity – working on RFPs and estimating project costs
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures.
- Balance of industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation.
- Relentlessly reviews the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are delivered.
- Tests all project functionality and security and reviews using available tools and processes such as the penetration and security tools, monitoring of code quality and system performance, continuous integration and build tools, code reviews and so forth.
- 5+ years of experience with .NET
- Experience with Microservices via containers
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- SOLID pattern
- Experience with MSSQL and NHibernate (or other ORM)
- Experience with NoSQL
- A proven track-record of interfacing with clients, managing their expectations and challenging appropriately to get to the heart of business needs
- Experience of designing business logic, processes and rules
- Experience with cloud-based architecture and technology solutions on AWS and Azure
- Experience of following defined business and software definition processes eg ITIL, XP, TPP, BDD etc
- Excellent data, systems and process visualisation capacity via UML based on known documentation formats eg UML, TOGAF etc
- Experience of working within a broad multi-disciplinary team including UXs, technologists and designers, strategists
- You have worked on major digital transformation projects either agency or client side
- You will have proven experience in creating detailed functional and non-functional requirements as well as user stories with acceptance criteria ready to be handed to QA for creating test scripts
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts and the successful delivery of UAT for Digital solutions
- Travel and/or financial services experience would be a significant bonus
- TOGAF or ITIL qualification
- You will be a confident presenter who pays close attention to details. You will also be an excellent written communicator.
- A good graduate degree combined with experience in consulting, client-side industry or top-100 agency.
What's in it for you
We’re helping clients prepare for the next wave of digital transformation. That means we help
clients with their strategic vision, we’re reimagining their digital ecosystems, and we are delivering best-in-class customer experiences using data, content design & tech.
Our culture is fast-paced, social and stimulating. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are, however, more than a consultancy. We cover the full development lifecycle, including experience design, technical build and delivery across digital touchpoints from desktop, tablet and mobile, to omni-channel experiences and physical digital. This means that we see our work realised across a range of projects that enable team members to become subject matter experts in sectors such as FS and Transport – actively increasing their skills and contributing to their personal development.