Technical Project Manager for Ciklum PMO (Kyiv)
Ciklum Project Management Office (PMO) is a department in the Ciklum structure responsible for the outsourcing projects. The goal of the PMO is to grow the management expertise, introduce the best project management and development approaches, apply the expertise, knowledge and tools to the existing projects to deliver them on time and budget with needed quality and as a result to satisfy our clients.
PMO includes more than 25 project managers managing company outsourcing projects. In the PMO portfolio, there are projects from different domains for clients from US, UK, Europe, Africa, etc. We have an experience working as with large companies and with very innovative startup products. Our goal is to solve client’s issues and make their businesses successful by proposing and delivering effective solutions.
PMO consists of a few business lines, including Social and Entertainment, E-commerce, Enterprise Solutions, etc. The specialization of the enterprise is typically large solutions based on a complex back-end, business logic, Web and mobile applications which provide an excellent user experience for the end users for other businesses including especially startups.
On behalf of Ciklum Project Management Office, we are looking for experienced Technical Project Manager to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
If you fit the requirements below, you will be able to become the head of the DevOps team, working on a Program for one of the key accounts in Ciklum. We assure the smooth knowledge transfer and onboarding as well as full support from our Program Head and Architects.
- The management of the DevOps team – daily operations, planning the workload, setting priorities, creating guidelines and procedures, etc.
- Building the processes to maintain and develop Program infrastructure, which for now includes about 100 virtual machines, based on the MS Hyper-V, VMware Private Cloud and Proxmox virtualization platforms. We also use Docker Swarm cluster for micro-services.
- Voice and written communications with the customer representatives – mainly with English-speaking engineers.
- Formal reporting to Program Manager in Ciklum and management on the customer’s side
- Proven experience in leading a DevOps team with at least 4 engineers.
- Proven experience in infrastructure management – inventory, change management, incident/problem management, permission management, security management, etc.
- English (reading, writing, speaking) – upper-intermediate. There is a lot of written communications in English, and you’ll be involved in calls when required.
- Clear understanding of one or several virtualization platforms: MS Hyper-V, VMware Private Cloud and Proxmox.
- Clear understanding of the microservice architecture.
- Experience in building a continuous integration pipeline.
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring platforms – Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
- Experience in Linux / Windows management.
- Experience in Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience in MS Exchange.
- Experience in MS SQL Server management
- Experience in Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Good communication skills.
- Good at risk management – revealing and mitigating risks.
- Good at problem solving – you have the ability to make right decisions and inform/involve right people when a situation gets out of the control.
What's in it for you
- Pleasant team atmosphere.
- European management style.
- Continuous self-improvement.