The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Technical QA Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Technical QA Engineer you will be part of new digital Scrum team involved in designing and building Web applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
As a Technical QA Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Test Planning for manual and automation activities;
- Test Analysis, Design, Execution, Reporting;
- Documentation Review;
- Automation on GUI and API levels (Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Node.js, Protractor, Cucumber);
- Participation in process improvement, adopting new tools and technologies, implementing best practices
- Experience in testing of web and/or mobile applications (1+ year);
- Experience with UI and/or API automation testing and desire to develop further in this area;
- Experience of technical testing (e.g. reading logs, putty, Web Developer Toolbar, Fiddler, mocking);
- Work with VCS (Git, SVN etc.);
- Understanding of CI (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.);
- Good understanding of Web technologies and concepts (HTML, CSS, JS, XML, JSON,
- Profound theoretical background in SQA methodology and process
- Experience with cross-browser testing and/or cross-mobile platform testing;
- Experience in usage of Test Management tools (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink);
- Experience in usage of defect tracking systems (preferably Jira);
- Upper intermediate spoken and written English
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Good knowledge in OOP, design patterns;
- Experience with JS, Protractor;
- BDD approach (Cucumber, JBehave, JDave etc.);
- Experience working with e-commerce products
- Quick learner;
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Profound analytical skills;
- Proactive, results-oriented personality;
- Ability to prioritize personal workload
What's in it for you
Our client is a leading international travel company that has shaped the history of travel and now plans to shape the future of online travel.
The client’s digital strategy is to continue pushing the boundaries on its products’ capabilities, growth and maturity. It plans to accelerate on new technology innovations in the areas of next generation mobile and tablet user experience, ‘big data’ analytics driven personalization, advanced cloud computing and cutting edge social/search technologies.
Despite being a large international organization, our client’s digital team is setup like a small startup company (without worrying about the next round of funding). Our development teams are small, flexible and they use an agile approach to quickly iterate and test new innovations in the market with our customers. We focus on using the latest open source technologies to innovate and bring together beautiful, cool products and personalized experiences to our customers Working for our client, you will have the opportunity to solve some of the most difficult problems facing the industry while having a ton of fun. We have a casual office culture with a strong emphasis on innovation, education and empowerment. We expect our teams to do great things and encourage them to be bold, take risks and try new ideas.
Client video presentation