Sisense, the cutting edge BI company, dedicated to be one step ahead of the market. We love innovation, we always seek better solutions and customer delight.Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal and we take no less than ‘WOW!’.
Sisense provides a single stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up big and complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer Data Prep product, to a powerful reporting product that turns data into insights and business value that can be shared across the organization.
Established in 2004, Sisense has an office on Wall Street in New York City, where the sales and marketing team sits, and two offices in Tel Aviv, Israel, where R&D, worldwide sales, and support are located. Hundreds of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, are using Sisense to crunch their data and uncover insights. eBay, ESPN, Sony, NASA, and Motorola are just a few example of the leading companies who have chosen Sisense as their BI tool.
On behalf of Sisense, Ciklum is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
Customer Delight is not just a moto at Sisense, it’s what we truly believe in and what our customers appreciate about us. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will work through complex data environments with customers from all sizes and industries, to deliver exceptional support and value over our amazing product.
Please pay attention to the working schedule: late shifts coverage (4 pm – 1 am Kyiv time)
- We are a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics.
- We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder.
- We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- We’re on-boarding rapidly! We have over 750 employees with offices in Kyiv, San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, Scottsdale, Melbourne, Tokyo and London.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customer. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- Investigate technical problems and diagnose root causes
- Develop, design and propose solutions to meet technological and business needs for customers
- Provide reliable resolution of critical and high impact problems for customers
- Work with R&D and Product teams to meet customer requirements and improve our product
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Manage projects internally as well as externally
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of our knowledge based and community
- You already have 2 year of experience with IT infrastructure and applications support
- You are able to organize and manage communication between different teams
- You also have some experience with relational databases (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- You’ve already been involved in creating and supporting infrastructure for SaaS systems
- You’ve also got bachelor’s degree in Information Systems / Computer Science / Industrial Engineering / Management / Economics or equivalent
- You have basic Linux knowledge
- You have experience in communication with English speaking customers
- Experience with Python
- Experience with virtualization and cloud services (AWS, vSphere)
- Web development background and/or programming familiarity
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Hadoop
- Experience with ETL and BI tools such as Talend, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, BusinessObjects, Cognos or QlikView
- Knowledge in writing SQL and understanding business requirements
- You have data driven, analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re detail-oriented thought process with ability to prioritize and multitask
- You have proven ability to motivate and work both independently and in a team environment
- You also have passion for support and helping others
- In addition, you have Strong desire to learn, grow and contribute to overall company values of collaboration and service
- You have excellent English – communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you will have a chance to communicate and work directly with clients
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work for a big, global and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates really good working conditions
- Ability to improve English communication skills by working in a diverse and distributed team of professionals and meeting with customers