Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Technology Manager (Team Lead) for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Just Eat is looking to hire a Technology Manager (Team Lead) for a new team within the Platforms department. You will be playing a key role building features that ensure customers can continue to have the perfect food ordering experience, even during significant operational incidents.
The Technology Manager is responsible for a single team of 2-4 engineers. Working closely with the team's internal and external stakeholders, your team will be responsible for designing and implementing new product capabilities to provide the perfect food ordering experience to our customers.
The Platforms pillar are building a new team to ensure that our customers are able to order food, even during a significant outage to the main Just Eat platform. Working closely with the engineering teams across Just Eat and Skip the Dishes, the role of the team will be to ensure the continued success of operational failover tooling, ensuring reliable integrations and a high quality user experience.
The immediate objectives of the team would be to:
- Take ownership of the Just Eat Lite product and deliver against the current backlog
- Ensure that the integrations that provide the data are appropriate, reliable and scalable
- Work with teams across Legacy Just Eat to support disaster recovery tests that use the product as a failover solution
Subsequent objectives would be to:
- Work with stakeholders and a dedicated business analysis to support branded restaurants in Just Eat Lite
- Perform a technical review of the product to ensure that it can be easily maintained and extended in alignment with changing customer needs
Just Eat Lite is a static version of the Just Eat UK consumer website. It stores its own representation of the restaurant and menu data and allows customers to place orders without interacting with the core Just Eat microservices or databases.
While minor changes to the UI are expected as part of the BAU backlog, the team will work primarily on the backend serverless functions that allow the system to gather data from the core platform and integrate with external services such as JET partner components and third party payment providers.
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day-to-day:
- Design and build great software
- Move fast with confidence
- Secure, stable, scalable, fast and reliable platform
- Trust, control and transparency
- Nurturing professional development of team members through regular 1:1s and coaching on career development
- Contributing code to owned products and adhering to modern software development patterns and practices
- Defining a technical roadmap for your team that enables the product and engineering strategies
- Driving a high performance culture, caring about the happiness of your team
- Working closely with your stakeholders to prioritise work, track progress and manage expectations across multi-functional teams
- Defining team standards for operational excellence and ensuring the correct processes are followed
- Owning streams of work, from design to support in production
- Joining the team’s on-call rota to support our systems in production
- Experience leading/managing a team of engineers
- Leading and delivering high quality software projects, driving forward best practices
- Engineering experience working with Amazon Web Services or similar
- Experience working with an Agile methodology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates self-starting skills (working independently to complete tasks)
- Attention to detail
- Negotiating business requirements with project stakeholders
- Serverless computing and cloud architecture patterns
- Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
What's in it for you
- Challenging tasks – you and the team are to define every next Sprint, tasks and how they will be implemented
- Smart solutions – yes, we produce them
- Career and professional growth opportunities
- Conferences, knowledge sharing activities, certifications
- Sport and team-building activities
- Smiles and jokes
Client video presentation