UX/UI Designer for Hopster (Kyiv)
Hopster mission is to make screen time a win-win for parents and children. We do that by helping kids to learn through the shows they love, striking a balance between learning and fun. As one of the top-ranking kids apps on the App Store in 20 countries and counting, one of the App Store’s Best of 2015 and 2016 selection, as well as Kidscreen 2018 & 2017 Best Streaming Video Platform and Best App in the Little London Awards 2017, we already do this for over 1 million families. Our users are children between 2-6yrs old (and their parents). Our investors and advisors include Sony Pictures Television, Sandbox & Co, Peter Read (LoveFilm), MADE.com CTO Jonathan Howell, and Davina McCall.
On behalf of Hopster, Ciklum is looking for experienced UX/UI Designer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis, who can work full stack, from ideation to delivering final assets to developers. You must have a user-centric approach to design and have experience running user testing.
A big part of the role will be working with the commercial team and helping to optimise the user journey – with particular focus on sign-up flows, on-boarding and product discovery.
You need to be a strong advocate for UX, with great understanding and empathy towards our users, both kids and parents.
- You’ll be working as part of a cross-functional team reporting to Senior UX.
- Design wireframes, mockups, and workflows for user stories and technical development for touch-screens and smart-tvs.
- Conduct user testing and research to guide design decisions and user flows
- Work closely with our developers to push the limits of existing mobile technology and UX
- Collaborate to define information architecture, advocating UX best practices with a focus on consistency and usability
- Ensure that creative output adheres to their brand guidelines and design principles
- We work in an agile environment and move fast, so there will always be fun and interesting problems to solve!
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- Put emphasis on user testing / testing throughout development
- Great knowledge of a variety of UX research methods and techniques
- Ability to write, execute, and analyse usability tests – and then optimise UX
- Experience working directly with developers / in a medium size team rather than a specialist unit
- Wireframing (Balsamiq or similar)
- Prototyping (proto.io, Axure RP or similar)
- Designing mockups / sketches (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Delivering final polished UI
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- High attention to detail – nothing gets signed off without it passing your eyes
- Work quickly and iterate fast
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly present design rationale
- Passion, drive, energy, team work
- The ability to work both on your own and collaboratively with other designers
- A special attribute we call get-stuck-in-ability – also known as a pro-active, can do attitude, and willingly getting involved to do things that need doing
- A passion for the digital sector and start ups
- To be driven and energetic
- To be positive and friendly but not scared to speak your mind
What's in it for you
- We are a diverse, ambitious team. We strive for a fast, fun, and creative environment. We embrace new ideas and work together to build a better Hopster.
- Everyone gets as much responsibility as they can handle and, as a rapidly growing company, we’d expect to offer people who perform well plenty of future growth opportunities.
- We’re a techy bunch, we’re always looking for ways to do things better and truly believe in our mission to make Hopster a win/win for kids and parents.
- You’ll get a personal project day each month where you can work on something that interests you.
- The food and drinks at the end of the sprint are on us.
Still sound good? Get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.