Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for driven and successful VP of Engineering join our team in Kyiv office.
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution
- Responsible for building a world class software development team to service multiple clients across varied solutions and products, Comfortable in managing a large engineering core of over 500 people.
- Design and execute on a well thought out strategy for best in class software engineering practices.
- Responsible for aligning with cross-functional service team owners to understand initiatives and implementations
- Be the engine room of Delivery for applications and services and. E the custodian of quality in delivery and meeting all operational standards.
- Influence decision making through active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Manage strategic business partnerships with ‘big tech’ and relationships through Technical, Financial, Contractual and Relationship Management
- Co-Own and manage the multiple rapid prototyping and product development budgets with Director of Product.
- Coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of software engineers
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software
- Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes
- Work with product owners and architects to develop multi-generation software technology plans
- Work directly with customers to understand business and technical needs
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Effectively manage a people business pushing high utilisation of all resources
- Effectively managing a bench of developers to aid pre-sales activity
- Keep ahead of industry and product/ solution requirements and pipeline ensuring timely resources for are available to meet client needs, working with resourcing, HR, finance and recruitment.
- Keep project data relating to tracking and financials current
- Deliver resource strategy and plans, including use of 3rd parties/partners, etc., in support of development and support activities
- Plan and manage budgets related to scope of team
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Build a world class software development team to consistently deliver complex software platforms and research projects of varying size and duration.
- 10+ years in Engineering or Technology roles
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience at a rapidly scaling company, leading full 300+ employees engineering practice
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, DevOps toolchains, cloud infrastructure
- Have delivered several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Able to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks
- Experienced with architecture, design and implementation of APIs.
What's in it for you
- Working in a creative and dynamic team environment;
- Great opportunities for career and professional growth
- Possibilities to work in a big and successful company (Best IT Employer 2010);
- Long-term full-time employment.
Client video presentation