Ciklum is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our team part-time in Czech Republic, Slovakia.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to support our growing IT professional services business. The position is for part-time cooperation (2 days per week).
You will provide generalist legal support for Ciklum Western Europe/CN Group (part of Ciklum Group) across its business jurisdictions, primarily Czechia, Slovakia and Romania. You will also bring additional commercial legal capacity to complement our Western Europe business teams, supporting legal matters in DACH (Deutschland, Austria and Switzerland) region.
You will be part of the Ciklum Group Legal Team and support both legal and business teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide first-line legal advice and support to the management and shareholders of a fast-growing company. Work directly with other business teams, including sales, finance, HR, admin and procurement
- Ensure corporate and regulatory compliance, advise of, and implement corporate governance and applicable regulatory framework, reporting and filings
- Review and draft commercial agreements, including for digital projects, development and licensing of SW solutions and products; support commercial negotiations, ensuring consistency with commercial policies and standard T&Cs
- Lead legal aspects of drafting and implementing corporate policies and standard documents within Ciklum Western Europe/CN Group and wider Ciklum Group
- Advise on employment and contractor engagement matters in the company’s jurisdictions, including contracting
- Protect the company’s business interests in various jurisdictions, including solid advice and efficient management of complaints and disputes resolution
- Coordinate work of external advisors as needed, incl. advisory budgets and invoicing
- Monitor legal risks and developments which may affect the company or its shareholders, advise of potential impacts, implement mitigations, and minimise future risk
- Ensure responsiveness and alignment with line manager, legal and business teams
- Provide regular updates/reports about legal developments, the status/progress of contractual and other projects
- Design and implement internal policies and procedures, and establish sufficient internal controls, build and maintain repositories of corporate and contractual documents in internal systems/files in cooperation with other business teams
- Law degree from a reputable university, plus at least 5 years of experience as in-house or law practitioner at multi-national digital or IT business
- Admitted to practice law in Czechia or Slovakia (legal degree/experience in Germany is a plus)
- Excellent English language communication and legal writing skills (legal degree/experience in Germany is a plus)
- Strong technology and transactional experience
- Broad commercial legal knowledge to include different areas of law (e.g. commercial, intellectual property, data protection)
- Solid commercial experience and in-depth knowledge of supporting commercial negotiations
- Makes decisions in ambiguous situations using incomplete information or differing opinions
- Able to adapt and work flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to communicate clearly and explain often complex legal issues
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.